Friday, August 31, 2007

Update on Wolfgang Wind Ensemble

As many of you know, I play flute and piccolo in a local wind ensemble called Wolfgang. We are getting ready to gear up for our fall season, so if any of my loyal lurkers out there play a musical instrument, dig it out of the closet, dust it off and come join us! We start back up on September 7th at Old North United Methodist Church from 5:30 - 7:30.

Here are a couple of photos from our recent appearance at the West Side Starbucks. This is a woodwind sextet from within our ensemble and this was our first appearance. Our plan is to take this group on the road and play in some smaller public places.

Here is the group playing our opening number.

Our fearless leader, Mr. Noon.
Here is one of our groupies (a.k.a. my son) standing on his head. We must be pretty good if we can get the crowd standing on their heads!
Here I am playing flute with our pianist, Nancy. We had a request to play an encore and I didn't have music so I am reading piano music.
Lastly, here is a link to Stars and Stripes Forever, from our Summer Concert, where I am playing the infamous piccolo solo. Enjoy!

No comments: