Friday, September 19, 2008

Our Poor Tree

Last Sunday's storm wrecked havoc on our backyard. We watched our tree come apart piece by piece. The funny thing is that we were marveling at the big chunks coming out of it and how they missed our fence, swingset, landscaping and power lines. Just when I had made that comment to David, I heard a loud pop and 1/2 the tree fell down onto our power lines. It was Friday night before we had power restored since we were the only house on the street that was out. Luckily our neighbor was gracious enough to let us plug our fridge into their garage so I have had a fun week swiping the extension cord off the fridge so that I could run my computer. Here are a few pics of the damage and clean up efforts.



This is the electric pole on top of the house bent over.


This is only a small dent in what still needs to go out for yard waste.


This is only 1/3 of the tree. I put my shoe on top to show how big this section of the tree was.

I am not sure what kind of bug this is, but he was very content sitting on top of the log left from our tree. Maybe he is now homeless.

No comments: