Monday, October 27, 2008

IU Roadtrip

This weekend, the Forche family went to Nashville and Bloomington, Indiana for our fall getaway. This was the first time I was able to go because I usually have weddings every weekend in October and this happened to be my first weekend off in 7 weeks. We spent the day Friday in Nashville (Brown County) shopping. It started off a bit wet, but turned out to be a pretty nice day despite the cold. Andrew was a trouper since we shopped for about 5 hours. All day I heard "Mom let's go to the toystore" which we had passed in the beginning when we parked. Finally we gave in and walked out of the way back to the toystore. Then all we heard was "When are we going to the hotel?" I just couldn't win! On Saturday, we tailgated in the morning before the game. Fixing breakfast on a grill turned out to be quite interesting. The exciting part of the entire trip was when Andrew poked himself in his eye with a glove right as we were entering the game, so I spent the entire first half of the game in IU's Opthamology School having his eye checked. It turned out that he did scratch his eye so we returned to the game during the 3rd quarter and Andrew sacked out for the entire 4th quarter. I would say that I didn't really get my $65 worth out of our tickets. Oh! And this cold weather we are having now? It was in Bloomington Saturday morning where we started out at a whopping 38 degrees! Talk about cold!






I almost forgot...IU beat Northwestern 21-19 which is their first win in 7 weeks, I believe.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Andrew is going to love that picture of him with the cheerleaders when he's older!